Month: April 2015
I’m tired. I had this whole post planned out filled with lovely things. The moment I opened my computer I BLANKED.
And then….my mom called. Aka I got even more distracted and didn’t write anything.
I need to pack. I’m supposed to be leaving for a wedding straight from work tomorrow.
Eh. Blah. Eh. I’m not feeling productive.
On a fun note I’m finished most of my training at work and I’m starting running actual tests! WOOHOO Meghan! Quick summary of my job:
1) I actually can’t talk about a lot of it. No, I’m not a spy. I work for a biopharmaceutical company in the Bio-Tech industry.
2) We work to produce new treatments for autoimmune diseases and conduct clinical trials. We are currently doing work on breast cancer treatments and tumor treatments.
3) I am a Quality Control Analyst. I test the various molecules that go into the treatments.
There you go. That’s all you need to know. That is the extent of my post. More posting coming errrrr….ummm…Monday?????
Until then enjoy this photo of me being super melodramatic while waiting for my pizza. I was super super hungry. Oh yeah. That’s what else I meant to talk about. I have been refusing to grocery shop until pay day next week. I’m down to minimal food…hence ordering the pizza.
On another note…..I really shouldn’t have snapchat…or a phone with a camera. It just results in stupid photos like this happening.Some people take glammed up selfies. I take photos sharing longingly out of my sliding doors and making stupid facs. For real guys. Just take the phone from me. My photo album is basically just photos of my dog and stupid things I have screenshotted to send to Cait or Carly. I need a life….
I hope you have enjoyed another one of my ridiculous rambling posts. Hey not all of my posts are high quality ones. This is my personal journal that I share with stranger internet friends. Not that you guys are strange. You’re just strangers.
I find the title of this article to be very cheesy but there is a lot of truth in it. Thank you for writing the words I have been trying to find for years. Although I have been in remission for several years now, I still struggle with this disease on a daily basis. It spans from body image issues to feeling inadequate and worthless. It is hard when you feel like you have no control over the one thing you should have control over. Your body.
If you’re not a fan of long-ish articles I reccomend the last 4ish paragraphs. They sum it up pretty well
They’re tough, because they’re used to being scared and uncomfortable and in pain. But that can be tricky. They’ve learned how to fend for themselves, so sometimes, it might take them a little while to learn how to let you take care of them too.
They’re fighters, they’re survivors, because this disease doesn’t have a cure. There’s no specific path that works for everyone. There’s no single answer. So they’ve learned how to figure this thing out for themselves – how to find the perfect balance in their treatment that allows them to live a life as close to normal as possible.
There were probably time periods in their life which they were very okay. Sometimes periods of wellness that even lasted for years. But there’s also been times where their health has been taken away from them. They’ve learned to fight for it. They’ve learned to fight for…
View original post 804 more words
Violence is never the answer. Never. I don’t care the situation. If you are in the states I’m sure you have heard about the riots in Baltimore. If you haven’t just know it’s not pretty. Maryland is in a state of emergency and the National Guard has been called in to assist. It disgusts me that people think violence and rioting are a way to achieve what they want. Peace is the only way.
It’s sad that media attention has been taken away from Nepal after thy have been struck with tragedy. Prayers for Nepal and peace in Baltimore please.
Expert of illusion,
I just kept to using,
Thought I had it all worked out.
Love was just a stage name,
Watched it as it became,
Something I could live without.
Then to my surprise, you opened my eyes,
I thought I was empty inside.
Now every time your near,
Stormy skies become clear,
Now there’s nowhere left to hide.
I really don’t like Facebook. I keep it because my family likes to use it to stalk me aka check in on my life. I had deleted it from about mid jan to late March. I reactivated it because of my move and I wanted to reach out to people nearby. I have family and a few sorority sisters in the somewhat close area and I didn’t have all their phone numbers.
Anyways. Facebook always shares “unfortunate” news with me. It decided to pretend to be like that annoying timehop app and show me pictures from the past today when I logged on. Why it does that I don’t know. Three years ago today I posted a picture of my friends dog snuggling with me. To most that photo wouldn’t mean anything and it doesn’t. It’s the memory that’s attached to that photo. I remember the reason I was at my friend’s house snuggling with her dog was because she had a bad day. That day… Well night… Was a good one for me. Not so much for her. Three years ago today the words “I love you” we’re proclaimed to me by he who shall be unnamed. (No not voldemort)
I mean it’s not a bad memory. It’s a happy and nice memory. It’s more I really don’t want to be reminded of the day someone who is no longer a part of my life said they loved me. It’s still somewhat of a touchy topic. I’m not upset or anything by this memory. It’s just odd. I can’t really explain how I feel. I’m not sad. I don’t really know what I feel about it. I just don’t know.
Oh well! I need to drive back to Maryland now.
I’ll be back to posting tomorrow.
I saw this gem on instagram today. I think I just might try it. It’s worth a shot right?! 😉
I’ll have all the friends here soon **cue evil smiley emoji**
Happy Monday. I hope you enjoy my little make shift desk. I thought I would bring back my weekly installments of Positive Thinking. I have a lot of exciting things coming up in my life and a lot to be thankful for. I welcome others to join up on this post and tell me about good things that happened or are happening in your life!
Here are some good things happening this week and things (or people) I am thankful for:
- My job: I’ve been there for 13 days now. I absolutely love it. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming. I am hands down the youngest person in the company. I take that as a compliment. They were willing to hire someone as young as me. Mostly everyone else is in their 30’s (or up) with families or children on the way. Regardless of that, they have treated me with the utmost respect and have happily welcomed me into their work family. I’m contributing to great work that is helping to make a difference in people’s lives 🙂
- My apartment: I am so proud of this place. It is the result of my hard work and savings. It’s my little corner of the world. I love my apartment so much. As I’ve said before, I can’t wait to have new and old friends come and see my place. My room still needs some work but hey…only special guests get that part of the tour.
- I’m going home next weekend. I actually have a very busy next few weekends. I’m going home for a memorial/fundraising spaghetti dinner for a fallen friend. It’s an annual thing that has been going on for a few years now. This is the first year I could make it. I have a wedding to go to the weekend after in PA and I may be going to the river the weekend after. Busy busy busy busy.
- I’m thankful for Ashley. My friend Ashley has been keeping me company all weekend via snapchat. She is from the town I work in and will be coming home for the summer so I will get o hang out with her a lot! Ashley is younger and a sorority sister. Her 21st birthday is this summer and she has already made me promise I’ll go out with her.
- J: I have briefly mentioned J before. She is who I stayed with when I was interviewing for the other job up here. J has been so kind and loving over these last few years and she has yet to stop. Even after everything that has happen she still keeps tabs on me. Actually, she checks in with me on a weekly to biweekly basis. She took me in as an adopted child the summer of 2012 and has never stopped seeing me as her child. I greatly appreciate it. She still wants to be a part of my life. I told her I was fine with it on the terms that things aren’t weird and I don’t step on anyones toes. I’m not trying to piss anyone off here. I guess saying that J is YOU’s mom would help make more sense of this.
- My health: I have been healthy and doing well for a while. I went to a new GI doctor last week. I will have to go in for a medical procedure in the next few months (cough..colonoscopy and upper GI scope)…. but it is a normal thing since I have Crohns and Colitis. Well okay normal but not. It has been 9 years since I was err first scoped. Since it has been 9-10 years I need to get it done again. It’s to monitor the inflammation inside of me and to check for colon cancer. Plus side… I get a day off of work and both my parents have volunteered to come help me. J also volunteered when I told her I needed to have this done. I’ll be sedated (thank God). I normally don’t take to the first round of sedatives so they had to give me double aka I’m loopy all day and need someone to hang out with me.
That’s all I have for now. I hope everyone has a lovely week ❤