Month: July 2015
You ever watch show that hit home?? Well that’s what last night’s episode did. If I had to explain myself and my life this time a year ago these two clips would summarize all too well. I know I know. We all hate to watch youtube videos, but give it a chance. They are short.
Spike might be an evil vampire but he speaks the truth here.
Buffy finally gets it right and gets a reality check here. That is something I wish I had gotten sooner.
Did you watch?? Did you?!
Trivia night and happy hour drinks with new friends are calling my name. Adios friends.
Hey there. I just sat through almost 3 hours of traffic and I’m finally home. This means I’m tired and mildly cranky. I’ll tell you all about my fun weekend adventures at some point this week. Until then, I’ll leave you with this lovely photo that I find hilirous and I’ll pretend my legs aren’t covered in bug bites.
Amy Poehler is my spirit animal. If you haven’t read her book, Yes Please, you really really should. I found this on my friends Instagram and had to post it.
I was actaully given this advice before. I want to hate the person who gave this advice. I don’t. I can’t. I never will. Truth be told, they were right when giving this adivce. They told me to open myself up and share my heart with the world. I’m not quite there yet. One day maybe.
For a while life was super exciting and moving quickly. Now, things are slowing down. I am hoping to be able to get back into blogging some more.
Here are some life updates for you lovely friends:
- Wedding things: My traveling hasn’t ended. I get to go home yet again this weekend for more wedding stuff. This weekend is the engagement party. Apparently, my stepmom is going all out and being super OCD about the party. In other news, my dress came in. I hopefully will get to try it on and see if I need to get it tailored. No sneak peeks until the wedding though for you bloggers.
- Friends: I’ve been slowly making some new friends. I hung out with a sorority sister form another chapter this weekend. She was pretty chill and fun. Hopefully we will hang out again some time soon. I’ve also gotten fairly close with some people at work. We are trying to plan outting. White water rafting was mentioned in September?!
- Moving: Yes, I’m still dealing with moving things. Yes, I’ve been here for three months. My latest struggle is currently trying to transfer my car title and registration to Maryland. Let’s just say that it is not easy and it’s now costing my an upwards of $700. OUCH RIGHT?!?! I’m still currently waiting for my inspection to be finished. They failed my car the first time. Fingers crossed everything gets fixed and passed tomorrow. My butt get’s to drive to the mechanic at 6am. WOO
- Dating: LOL…. but really. I know I have mentioned “man friend” before. Well that basically ended as quickly as it began. After the awkward occurence of last week, I think I can pretty safely say that is over with. I’ll eventually tell the story of what happened. Eventually. As for a dating life, I really don’t want one. I quit. Already. I still think my dog and a boat plan is the best.
I think that is all I have for now.
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS 110% A JOKE! I see a million and one posts on facebook, twitter, buzzfeed all about why you should date: tall girls, short girls, smart girls, blonde girls, etc. The list goes on and on. I thought I would take my own sarcastic spin on this!
Why you should date me:
- I’m 5 feet 4 inches of sass and awkwardness.
- I have the sense of humor of a 15 year old guy. Yes, I still say “that’s what she said”. I may have also recently played the penis game in a bar with a random stranger. (if you don’t know what the penis game is it’s basically yelling the word penis louder and louder until one person in embarrassed.I always lose)
- I love whiskey. Mr.Jack Daniels is currently the best man in my life.
- I have a fabulous alcohol tolerance for 125lbs.
- I’m not shy about burping, pooping, or farting. Let’s get over it. Girls are humans too.
- I curse like a sailor yet 98% of parents would approve of me.
- I make great grilled cheese. Yes, making grilled cheese isn’t rocket science, but I only burn it 25% of the time (100% of the time if you like it that way).
- I’m a cheap date because I don’t really eat large meals. I’m just constantly hungry and eat 1million small meals.
- I may or may not have slight daddy issues, but who doesn’t in this day and age.
- I’ve been told my hips don’t lie.
- Sports and beer are fun.
- I do yoga (apparently guys are intrigued by that?)
- I have the heart of a child.
There you go. Reasons I’m a great date
Again. This post is 110% a joke and not meant to be serious in any way shape or form. What are some reasons that you are a great date????
raise your hand if your life is awkward.
****raises both hands****
I’m debating on if I want to tell the story of last night or not. Oh my god. It’s a little erm racey. Umm. The dating misadventures of Meghan.
I see you’re rearing your ugly face again. It’s been a while. Thanks to you I’ve been a hot mess since Sunday. You may have won today but you won’t win this fight. I don’t appreciate the chest pains and near panic attack at lunch today. That wasn’t cool. You can have today. Tomorrow I will win.
I’m hitting the sack early and calling it quits for the day. Tomorrow I am starting off in a positive way : early morning run and sunrise yoga.
Suck it anxiety. You’re not welcomed back in my life. I don’t like the person I am when you’re around.