Month: August 2016
Oh hello. UGH. I don’t know how to start this post so I guess that I will dive right in. I haven’t written much in the last week or two because there hasn’t been much to write about…that is until the last few days. This past weekend NBF and I had a little get away. Months ago I had bought tickets to see Blink182, A Day to Remember and All Time Low at Hershey Park. I had asked NBF if he wanted to go with. We worked out a deal where I would buy the tickets and he would get a hotel for the night (Hershey is 2-3 hours away). 3ish months later and we finally were at the concert.
Side note: this is an interesting “step” for me I guess. I don’t like making plans with people, especially guys, this far in advance because I feel like most people never stay around that long. This may actually be the first time plans made that far in advance actually happened.
Anyways! I needed a get away and so did NBF. Life has been a bit stressful for the both of us in different ways. I know we both have been a little sad lately and could use a good weekend. NBF came over after work Friday and we headed out bright and early. The first 30-40 minutes of our trip consisted of him yelling at the Liverpool game on his phone. It was rather amusing. We finally arrived in Hershey around 11:30am. After spending a soild 45 mins in line for tickets and security we made a fast break to the log flume. It was hot as hell so we may have ridden it a couple of times. I personally am a big roller coaster fan. NBF on the other hand ….is not. He was a good sport and went on few with me. If there weren’t hour waits for some of the rollercoasters I probably “would have been mean” and maybe him ride more. Once we got tired of riding rides, we grabbed a bite to eat before heading back to the concert. Our biggest mistake was assuming that we could eat at one of the two places next to the park. NOPE. Us and the 1000 some other people there for the concert all had the same idea. After going to four different places, we finally found somewhere to eat. This also made us a little late for the show.
The concert was FABULOUS! It was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. We missed part of All Time Low’s set because of the dinner issue but I still got to hear
some of my favorite songs. A Day To Remember was next. They are hands down one of my favorite bands. This was the 3rd time I had seen them and they did not disappoint per usual. There were beach balls, tshirts, and toilet paper all thrown out into the audience. At one point, the lead singer Jeremy got into one of those inflated human hamster balls and ran out into the audience. It was great. I was one cloud nine and so was NBF. OHHH they also played one of my favorite songs. Ever since I saw them my freshman year of college I had really hoped that they would play ” If it Means A Lot to You”. They finally did ❤ See video below.
Blink182 also didn’t disappoint. They played so many of their old songs and a few off their newly released album. There was lots of pyrotechnics, cursing, and Travis Barker drumming like and absolute animal. Serious question: is Travis Barker even human?!?!? I’m still all caught up in the moment of the show I don’t even know what else to write about it. It was AMAZING! AH!
This trip was just what I needed as my MRI on Monday loomed over my shoulder. I wasn’t happy and a little melodramatic about it on Sunday. WHOOPS! I feel like I’m entitled to be a little dramatic about all of this. My MRI went about as good as any MRI could I guess. I am one of the lucky 2% that gets ill from the contrast that they inject in you by an IV. Here is a basic summary of my MRI: there were needles, lots of loud noises, holding my breath a lot, and me trying to not throw up in the MRI machine. I took the whole day off of work which was a great idea. I felt nauseous and pretty out of it the rest of the day so I was more than happy to crawl into bed. NBF came over after work and brought me dinner. I always appreciate the fact that he comes and hangs out with me when I’m not feeling well.
I’m assuming the results weren’t too horrible since I didn’t get a call saying you need to come to the hospital. I’m guessing that I should find out my results during my already scheduled doctors appointment on Thursday.
We shall see what this week brings.
Today marks 10 years of me being hospitalized and diagnosed with Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. For years I have wanted to write a post about it. I just never have….. I don’t know. I have a lot to say and a lot I still don’t want to say. I have come to realize one thing in the last few days.
I’m still angry.
It was something I thought I had moved past but sadly, I haven’t. I still find myself asking WHY!?.
Why me? Why did this have to happen. Why is it never easy. WHYYY.
I wish I could end this post on a positive note saying something about being healthy but the truth is I’m not. I haven’t mentioned something. About a month or so ago when I was sad I had to have routine blood work done. My results came back fine with the exception of one thing: my lipase enzyme level was elevated.
Side bar: Lipase enzymes are in the pancreas. Elevated counts indicate inflammation.
The doctor assumed it might just be a fluke. She said we would do blood work in another month. The elevation wasn’t enough to spark any concern. When I was at my infusion last week I mentioned to the doctor how I haven’t been feeling well. I had been nauseous and wasn’t hungry. The first question she asked me was if I was pregnant. I apparently turned 5 shades of red. I told her there was no way that was possible so she decided to do some blood work to see if anything was off. I’m sure you can guess what was off. My lipase levels went up a little more. UGH. I was told to get more blood work done this week and stop taking all meds (I’ve only on the infusion now). I got the results back and……
MY LIPASE IS FUCKING HIGHER……UGHHHH.
I now get to get an MRI in the next week or two so the doctor can get a better look at my pancreas. I’m not a happy camper at the moment. I can’t even have a glass of wine to destress. UGH.
In an effort to end this on a slightly positive note, here are transformation photos. The first two photos are from June 2006….roughly two months before I was hospitalized. I’m the scrawny blonde. I was around 60lbs and 14 years old. When I was hospitalized I was in the low 50lbs. The final photo is me today. Oh how far I have come.
Every morning this past week when my alarm has gone off my radio has been set to a different station. I don’t change the station……..
Granted the ihome I use for my alarm/radio is probably a soild 6-8 years old soooooo. Nevertheless , it is still creepy.
Here are a few things you should know about me:
- My name is Meghan
- I am 24 years old.
- I always read the bios of people blogs.
- My bio needs an update but I don’t feel like it.
- Most of my posts consist of typos, grammatical errors, and strings of thoughts. I don’t care enough to fix it. This is my blog DAMNIT! I’ll do what I want. I’ve actually made I point to barely proof read my posts. I like the rawness of typos.
- I have a tendency to write posts while intoxicated. SUE ME. I’m not great with sharing feelings but I’m all about it while drunk.
- I like my dog more than I like about 95% of people.
- I like to think I’m super witty and funny. I promise I am…..but only when I’m by myself.
- I sometimes have anxiety and depression issues. I should probably get some help but I refuse to. That’s what this blog is for DUH! It’s never been bad enough that I have felt I needed help.
- I’ve successfully convinced everyone at work that I am average. Joke’s on them. I’m super effin smart. I’ve been in gifted classes since I was in 3rd grade.
- I actually swear a lot. I know it’s not lady like but hey….fuck that.
- Parents love me. I’m apparently pretty charming. **insert smirking gif here**
- I have been medicated for ADD since I was 5. I stopped taking the meds about 3 years ago because I hate the person I was while on them. I was anything but myself. I was a depressed anxious zombie. I hate all medicine in general so I try my best to not take stuff
- Ironically, I rely of medicine to survive. I have Crohns Disease. It is a currently uncured autoimmune disease. I was on pills for 9ish years but my body started rejecting them last summer. I now rely on infusions to (plus the pills) to stay healthy. It’s a bitter topic…and my next infusion is Tuesday…….
- I am not one of those people who has everything come easy to them in life. Life has thrown a lot at me in the last 24 years. I don’t feel sorry for myself or regret any choices I have made along the way. It has made me the person I am today. Cliche sentence I know…. but I love the person I am today.
- I think genetics in cool!
- I’m really tired right now and it’s not even 9pm
- I am visibly tattooed, make in the mid 5 figures, and have a full time job at 24 (just out of college). SUCK IT to all the people who hate on tattoos and said that I would never get a job. I also plan to get more tattoos very very soon!
- If I could rescue every single homeless dog in the world I would.
- I also want ALL THE DUCKS. I really like ducks. Not geese though. They are mean.
- I eat wayyyy too much Taco Bell. My stomach doesn’t tolerate most food, but for some reason it will tolerate taco bell.
- I believe that every person is good until they prove me wrong and I give to many second chances.
- I like to run. I currently can’t run do to an injury and it’s driving me insane.
- I was a myspace emo kid in the age of myspace!
- Scremo and metal music make me happy.
- I hope to meet some of you bloggers in person one day. You will never fully know the impact you guys have made on my life. I love reading your stories and feeling like I am a small part of your life. I’m glad you are a part of mine too ❤
Hi my dear readers!
Remember how I said my blog bff Paul was going to write myself and my dog (Bridget) a letter?!? Well he did! Here is the letter to Bridget. I will be writing a response back from her when I see her next weekend. I will also be reposting Paul’s letter to me. I was glorious. I’ll wait a few days for the excitement to die down from his page so I can start it up again. Until then, ENJOY!!
Woof Bridget, Who’s a good girl? Who’s a good girl? Bridget, who’s a good girl? Yes you are. Yes you are! Good girl! You probably get that a lot, don’t you? I imagine it can get pretty annoying hearing the same question asked of you in the same cute-but-not-cute voice. I know I’d get tired of […]