Month: June 2015
Something happened yesterday. It was something that really pissed me off but I put it behind me. Sadly, my sister told my dad about it and now he’s also pissed and is going on a rant. What happened you ask? Well you see….
As you know my stepbrother and best friend Caitlin are getting married in December. I am the Maid of Honor along with our other friend Jessie. My little sister and step sister are also in the bridal party. About two months ago, Caitlin (my future sister in law) told us to all start looking for dresses at Davids Bridal in the color she picked. I went right away and tried on dresses with my co-maid of honor. We both picked dresses right away. The ladies at the store told us we didn’t need order them yet ( this was in March). They said to come back over the summer and order them. I was supposed to go home this weekend to officially order and pay for it.
Yesterday I got a lovely tidbit of news. I had fallen in love with this dress and called dibs on it. Caitlin wanted everyone to have different ones. Every time someone found a dress they wanted she would take a picture of them in it and sent it to the rest of the bridal party so they would know to not pick that one. I was all ready to go get it this weekend when I get word that my step sister decided that she wanted my dress bought it before I could. REALLY NOW?! You had instructions not to! We are adults. Is this petty power play really needed??? I had a gut feeling from the very beginning that she would do this. That is just how my step sister is.
We used to get along so well when we were younger, but once we got older everything seemed to be a competition or comparison. If I liked a guy she had to flirt with him and steal him, if I liked an outfit she had to buy it first, if I did something good she had to do something better. If I screwed up once she would never let me forget my mistake. She treated me like I was a stupid child. She acted like she was so much older and wiser. PLOT TWIST: she’s not even three months older than me. We are both 23.
I really thought we were past this stupid petty shit. Clearly, I was wrong. I’m now trying to decide if I want to try to quickly find a new dress or just wear the same one she stole from me. I need to order one in the next week or so to mayle sure it will be ready in time. I’m really not trying to get into a “who wore it best” competition with her. I know she would turn it into that, but I really did love the dress. What do I do?
All I know is that Jessie and I are the Maids of Honor. We are the next in charge after Caitlin. My stepsister better listen to us and respect the plans we are making for the wedding OR ELSE. I’m normally a very mellow/non confrontational person but when provoked I can put people in their place. Don’t piss me off or challenge me. This is my turf not yours.
ps: more posts maybe coming soon. Maybe something about my new man friend. Maybe? We will see. Maybe. Have I said maybe enough?
This pizza is dedicated to Paul because it’s his blog birthday! I drove through a severe thunder storm and walked barefoot in the rain for this pizza! I was also too lazy to grocery shop so boom pizza ! Hi blog friends
I think I might have a date tomorrow. I’m not sure though. Yikes. I’m not good at this stuff. I’m awkward. SOS. I’m just going to sleep. That fixes everything.
We all go through this. A lack of interest in writing. That’s how I’ve been lately. I’ve been adventuring and doing things. I just have had no urge to write about it. Sometimes I feel like I wrote posts in the past for the wrong reasons. I know certain people would read them and I wanted them to read them.
I think a may take a step back from posting for a bit and just live life. I’ll still be here reading posts and commenting. I just might not be writing down my adventures for a little while. Who knows. I may suddenly be inspired to write tomorrow. Probably not.
I was challenged for a quote challenge so I’ll leave you with this. It’s a quote but not. It makes me happy either way.
I have been so kindly nominated for three different awards/challenges. I’m doing them all on one big post because I should have done some of these a week
or two ago. WARNING THIS IS A LONG POST
As for nominees: I’m not going to specifically call out people. I feel like I always pick the same people. I have gained a bunch of new followers in the last month. If you have recently followed me then you are NOMINATED!!! Yay! I want to hear from you guys! Please feel free to pick anything below and do it. Also, please tag me so I see it!
Here we go:
First, my Canadian blog BFF Paul challenged me to The Freestyle Writing Challenge.
I hate you Paul. This was a frustrating challenge because I am the typo queen.
Here are the rules that you can skip over if you haven’t been nominated.
1. Open an MS Word document. (I wrote mine in a WP draft to get the word count and then added the rest of the post afterwards.)
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as many words as you can in the time limit. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy & paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees (at least 5) and copy & paste these rules with your nominations.
My topic is childhood. Prepare for so many typos. I’m not good at these things.
I’m not really suer where to go with this. Hmmmmmm. Let me thihnk. Ugh the typos. Let me hit delete please.
OK! Back to my chidhood. UGH. Well as a child my favorite time of the year was fall. I loved watching the leavesssssssssssss ugh fall. I also loved Halloween. It is my favoite holiday. These typos are distracting me.
Yes. I am weird. I love Halloween. It also help that my birthday is the day after Halloween. I get candy one day and gifts the next yay!! I never saw it as “evil” or “the devils holiday”. I saw it as a night to go on an adventure with Casper the Friendly Ghots (that’s not how you spell ghost). I saw it as a night to be someone I wasn’t. I loved this idea for some reason. I always picked the scariest costumes I could find. I loved being some creepy bloody thing. I was a weird child.
Also, its hard to do this. I am the typo queen. I only have 20 more seconds yay. My ADD won this round. Halloween. WORD!
I was next nominated by riddlefromthemiddle for the Love/Hate Challenge
This challenge consists of listing 10 things I love and 10 things I hate
- My dog Bridget. She is the one true love of my life
- All dogs in general
- The beach. I’m actually part mermaid.
- Halloween. It’s sad when I have friends text me saying I saw something Halloween related and instantly thought of you Meghan.
- Fall. It is my favorite time of the year. I love the weather, hay rides, pumpkins. EVERYTHING.
- Stars. I think stars/space is fascinating.
- Boats. All I want from life is a dog and a boat. I want to sail everywhere.
- Cuddling. Oh typical girl answer. I love sleeping alone but there is something so comforting about having someone there with you. I’m a secret cuddler.
- Tattoo’s and piercings. It’s a weakness. I like them on myself and on others. Key example. Adam Levine is BEAUTIFUL. I love his sleeves.
- Adventures. I’m all up for adventures. I used to only adventure within my comfort zone. I’m now adventuring outside of that and I love it!
- PEPPER! I HATE PEPPER EW! I will refuse food with visible chunk of pepper on it.
- Cinnamon. I hate things like fireball and big red gum. The smell makes me want to vomit.
- Slow drivers. I may have slight road rage. Maybe.
- Snakes. I’m not a fan of snakes. I’m not deathly afraid of them or anything. I just would rather them be far away from me.
- People who push their beliefs or politics on you. I DON’T CARE!
- People who try to talk down to you like you are stupid. My step sister does this and a girl I used to be friends with did this to me all the time. Don’t get me started on this rant.
- Traffic. I always hit the worst traffic when I have to pee. Always.
- Dolls. Fun fact. I’m scared of dolls.
- exorcism movies. I have been really scared of these stupid movies ever since my dad told me they were real as a child.
- People who just have life always come easy to them. Enough said.
My third and final award is from justapreciouspenny and she nominated me for the Sisterhood award. PS: I’m glad you decided to keep on blogging 🙂
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as an outlet. It was a way for me to open up. I have a hard time expressing emotions out loud to people so I decided to write about it.
2. Do you like to read? If so, what book(s) would you recommend?
I do like to read. I just actually finished Paper Towns by John Green. I would recommend it. It was weird but good. My favorite book is The 5 People You Meet in Heaven.
3. Do you prefer Converse or Toms?
I have always been a converse kind of girl but Toms have for sure grown on me. I have one pair I use and abuse.
4. What are some things that girls in their twenties should do? (any advice?)
Live your life for you and nobody else. Don’t be afraid to go out and try new/crazy things. Never regret. Look at things as a lesson learned but never a regret.
5. What is your favorite Disney movie?
UP!!!!!!! I can recite you most of that movie….SQUIRREL!
6. If you could visit anywhere in the United States, where would you go?
Hmmmm maybe California. I went these once for Spring Break and it was pretty neat. I was too young to really enjoy it though.
7. Do you have a pet?
BRIDGET! The love of my life. Sadly, she is the family dog so I could not bring her to Maryland with me. My mom wouldn’t let me.
8. [This is stolen from Nicole, but it ‘s a great question!] What is your favorite quote and why?
Don’t get me started on quotes. I love quotes. I had a few I wanted to post but I think I’ll go with just two.
“Who’s to say this isn’t what happens? And who’s to say my fantasies won’t come true just this once?” -JD, Scrubs I am first and foremost a dreamer. Who’s to say my dreams won’t come true.
Finally, a generic cheesy one. I truly belive it though. “Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you’re among stars”.
9. Pick a super-power you would want for a day.
I’m scared of height but I really want to fly.
10. What is your favorite family tradition?
This sounds silly but my favorite family tradition is this: my parents are divorced. Each year we would switch back and fourth with whose house we stayed at for Christmas Eve. A tradition started with my dad’s family where after mass we would all go to Outback Steak House for dinner. I don’t know why but I have always really loved that.
I’m also cheating and using the questions I answered because 1) I really like them and 2) my creative question juices are flowing yet.
I don’t feel like writing. Obviously. I did complete all of your challenges/awards. I just need to edit it. Tomorrow! Maybe. Until then, enjoy the 90’s throwback complete with Jellies aka the coolest sandals ever.